For Women Who Want The Ballerific Life!
'Think Like A Man' has proven itself to be a Box Office hit raking in $33Million in its opening week. The movie is based on Steve Harvey's book "Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man". In the movie they touch on the infamous 90 Day Rule. This rule has been around long before Steve Harvey's book. The 90 Day Rule basically says that a woman should make a man wait 90 days before having sex. Does this work? Are the "games" really proving anything? I asked my Twitter followers and actually got a pretty good mix of responses.
Ladies, would you make a man wait 90 days for sex?
- yeah cause I may not even like u after 20 days
- I would...I did...waaaay longer than 90 days. We are married now. We were each other's 1st. Met at 17.
- at this point in my life knowing what I know- YES!
- No! That would mean I would have to wait!
Fellas, would you wait 90 days for sex?
- people have waiting much longer you know? you mean do we prefer or would we want too...a nigga will wait years lol we do most of the time...we wait from the moment we see people! lmao
- absolutely not. I can't think of one valid reason to wait 90 days
- I've waited years. More than once. I never really invest time and money just for sex. That's just prolonged prostitution. I'm in it for the person. If they're worth it, I don't really care about the wait. I'll tell you this...I always told my female cousins to stick to that 90 day rule. If he's there for you...he'll wait. If not, better you get rid of him now instead of wasting your time.
- HELLLL NO SON....*in my angriest DMX voice*
- Only if I was getting some from somewhere else instead..
So if we think like a man for a moment it looks like some men will wait, some men will not. I won't tell you who these answers are from but these are all seemingly good guys. Some of which are married, some have been in pretty long relationships. Although the answer from women varied like the men, it seems that more of us would wait. Here are my thoughts on waiting.
The whole strategic game thing is a load of b*******. Women weren't built to think like men. Every time we try, we over think. You know why? Because men are far less complex than we are. If a man says he's cold, he really is cold. When a woman says she's cold, she really wants you to take the jacket off your back and give it to her. There's no way that we can fix our complex minds to think like a simple man. We shouldn't have to. We're built different for a reason, to compliment each other. Why would you make a man wait 90 days for sex? I say you don't have sex until YOU are ready. There's no time stamp on that. If you know you're ready to have sex with someone within 90 seconds, go ahead and do it! We're all adults. If it takes you 90 years, do you! Two people should not have sex until they're ready. Making him wait 90 days when you knew 89 days ago that you'd let him hit, all because Steve Harvey said so, is dumb. Him waiting 90 days doesn't mean that he's a great guy and you'll be together forever. Sleeping with a man after the second time doesn't mean he only wants you for the sex. Building a meaningful relationship has everything to do with communication, period. I think women should Think Like Women. If a man wants someone who thinks like him, he's more interested in peen than you. If a man is really into you, he'll make it loud and clear, whether sex is involved or not. There is no shortage of vagina in the world. Steve Harvey makes great points in the video below, but I'm not buying that it's at all that easy.