For Women Who Want The Ballerific Life!
The holiday season is officially upon us. As a result, almost every woman I know has been asking me what to get the man in their life. Particularly, those who want to buy a gift for a man who already seems to have everything. It's a challenging endeavor because us men who pride ourselves on appearance, are tech savvy, and enjoy the benefits of a successful career, very rarely let anything of interest slip past our fingertips. This doesn't bode so well for the woman in our lives whose sole hope is to find the perfect gift(s) for the holidays. I should note that each guy is different, so what may constitute as perfection to one person may be ho-hum to the next. As long as it’s from the heart, you can’t go wrong. Here are 6 holiday gift ideas that I’m sure will have any guy on your shopping list smiling from ear-to-ear.
David Yurman Chevron Single-Row Bracelet (www.davidyurman.com; $350)
1. Who said men don't like jewelry? Ok, it was probably me but I was young and dumb. Jewelry may not be the staple of fashion for us, at least not to the same degree as it may be for women, but most stylish men appreciate a few nice pieces which can be added to accentuate both casual and business styles. Add the sentimental value when the woman in our life so graciously springs for a nice piece— it provides a meaningful accessory to take our style to the next level. The David Yurman Chevron Bracelet can be such a piece. The most stylish men I know are minimalist, preferring simplicity over flamboyance. This bracelet is an excellent compliment to any outfit. It's simplicity personified. It can be worn with a linen suit or jeans and sneakers. Your guy will love it and you can't go wrong with David Yurman.
Smith Optics SM Serpico Exclusive Sunglasses (www.solsticesunglasses.com; $119)
2. We're all superstars (at least in our minds) and what's a superstar without their designer shades? It's rhetorical. The great thing about sunglasses is there really is no such thing as owning "too many." The seasons change and so do the styles. Whether your man is a collector of fine designer shades or owns one pair which he purchased from a swap meet 4 years ago, a nice pair of shades can give a great boost of confidence to any guy. The Smith Optics "Exclusive" is more than just a stylish pair. It takes it one step further by boasting polarized lenses which give the wearer added anti-glare protection. Definitely a great gift for the superstar in your life.
Whipped Beard Butter (http://whippedgoods.com; $8-20)
3. For the ladies who know proud card carrying members of the Beard Brigade, look no further than Whipped’s Beard Butter. While Whipped boasts an impressive product line of all-natural skin and hair care products for women, they have also excelled in developing products exclusively for men. If your guy is anything like me, he’s fairly no-nonsense when it comes to skin and hair care. Less is, and always will be more. Welcome to the world of Whipped. Upon first use, your man will notice a pleasant smelling (not heavily perfumed or fragranced) butter that goes on easy and quite simply provides the best hair softener he’s ever used. It does wonders for all hair types and textures. I recommend their Vanilla or Cognac flavored Beard Butters. At a more than reasonably priced $8, you can easily afford to get him some After Shave cream ($10) to go along with it. Really feel like splurging? Toss in the King’s Butter for general skin care and use. While you’re at it, make sure you get a few things for yourself. You both deserve it.
Apple IPod Nano $139 (www.BestBuy.com; $139)
4. No wish list would be complete without an Apple product. While most, if not all Smartphones come equipped with the ability to play music, using them as a sole source for music playback can be extremely limiting. Particularly, for people like me who are always on the phone but still like to enjoy some source of music in the background. Insert the IPod Nano here. The Nano has everything your Smartphone has (related to music) and more. It's extremely light which is great for the man on the go. It's also Bluetooth and Nike Fitness enabled. So whether your guy uses his Smartphone to play music or not, the IPod Nano will give him more options to enjoy his favorite songs and that'll give your guy yet another reason to love you.
Salvatore Ferregamo Passport Case (www.SaksFifthAvenue.com; $295)
5. If the man in your life travels abroad frequently, then it goes without saying his passport most certainly takes its fair share of abuse. For such an important document, its makeup doesn't provide much in the way of protection from spills, rips, tears, and the like. An excellent gift to help protect and add a bit of style to your man's travel gear is the Passport Case from Ferregamo. The price may seem a bit steep but consider how vital the document is that it's designed to protect. Your frequent traveler will appreciate the look and the additional security for his passport, which will be one fewer thing to worry about as he traipses all around the globe.
Beats By Dre Pill (www.BestBuy.com; $199)
6. If your guy is a frequent traveler than he more than likely has a dependable pair of headphones to help drown out cabin noise when flying with his favorite music. The struggle many men have is when we arrive in our hotel rooms and don't want to be tethered to our headphones, but would still like to enjoy some tunes. Thank God for the Beats by Dre Pill. The pill is a small portable speaker, light in weight (great for carryon luggage), which can be connected via Bluetooth to any Smartphone or music producing source. Most phones do offer a "speaker" function but let's face it; the sound quality is either not loud enough or clear enough to enjoy more than a few feet away. The pill fixes this. They also come in a variety of colors so you can get one for your man's favorite color. While you're at it, go ahead and get one for yourself—remember, when you’re happy, everyone else is happy too!
André George is a lifestyle writer and brand strategist. Follow him on Twitter and Instagram @TheAndreGeorge