For Women Who Want The Ballerific Life!
This blog is for all of my female ballers out there. It's inevitable that you'll run across a guy that you become interested in that may not quite be in the same tax bracket as you are. What happens when things start getting serious and your "less than a baller" starts to feel insecure about a woman being the bread winner? Here's a few ways to let your man feel like the MAN.
1) Fail Sometimes- As much as he loves you, he is still a man with an ego. He want's to see you do well, but every now and then he wants to be able to rescue. Every now and then "accidentally" let your cell phone bill go past due. If he knows that at any given moment he's of use, his confidence in his role in the relationship will go up. I'm not saying do something stupid and completely fall on your ass. Just something small and ask for a little help.
2) Don't Be A Big Spender- If your man isn't making the kind of money you are, maybe going HALF on the bills isn't the best thing to do. Be considerate of the fact that he's not bank rolling and monitor your spending. Whether it be bills or pleasure, don't flaunt the money in his face.
3) Do Something For Him- If you're home from work early, do a little something for him. Every man can appreciate a home cooked meal, a clean house or having his back rubbed. He may not bring in the dollars you do, but he shouldn't feel like less than a King.
4) Stop Nagging- Nothing makes a man feel low like his woman telling him how worthless he is. If he can't hold up his end of the deal either stick it out or get out. Making a budget on your end for "security" is a sure fire way to weather any storm but telling your man he's "less than a man" is sure fire way to open the flood gates!
5) Tell him you appreciate him- Sometimes a few kind words will go a long way. Just telling your man that you think he's special and that you appreciate everything that he does for you, even when he doesn't have to, will put a smile on his face. A happy man makes for a happy relationship.
So to all ladies, it's okay to be the baller of the relationship, and as long as show your man you need him, he'll be sure to stick around...pride in tact.