Several months ago, I did a survey of 300 women that showed almost 64% of them have slept with their boss. That's a whole lotta women acting up at work. These days, even so much as repeated second glances can be grounds for filing a sexual harassment suit. There’s no dating at work. If it is, it has to be hidden. But what to do if you work for a wealthy company with a wealthy boss or CEO? He's checking you out and you him. Would you call HR?
Sleeping with the boss is “okay” for any one of the following reasons:
1. There’s an obvious physical attraction that you both have discussed before; it is mutual and agreed
2. You have a guaranteed written promotion filed with HR that can change your career and income tax bracket forever. This isn’t jockeying for peanuts, but a total coup for your career and lifestyle
3. He’s pumping lots of “bonuses” in your checking acct on a regular basis, while everyone else has to wait until the holidays
Sure, folks may think sleeping around for promotion is a bad thing. It can be, if you’ve done it all wrong. Here’s how you mess up:
1. Slept with more than 1 boss at the same company (men talk)
2. Slept with the boss for extra transit checks (peanuts)
3. Slept with the boss because you think he may “look out for you” (verbal agreements are bad)
Proceed with caution. Do not try to manipulate a man or use the law in your favor. In many cases, it backfires, leaving you jobless and black listed. Use the law if your mental stability is at stake and you feel unsafe. No one wants to be harassed in a literal sense. If you are, definitely seek outside counsel. This is only for the ladies who like to play “secret santa” with the boss. Sorry, not everyone wants to be a role model for women, or has to be.
For more please go to Alphanista™.